Friday, February 20, 2015

Wonderscope Children's Museum

When Nathan works long call shifts, it makes for a long day for everyone. Nathan is up at 4 and usually doesn't get home until after midnight. Allison was up at 7am and by 7:30am I knew we needed to make a plan to get out of the house. The cold weather has kept us indoors and I needed to get her moving.

I decided to try out the local Children's Museum. It's near the Joann Fabric I usually shop at (so it was really easy for me to find).

I'm always weary of kid places that charge double for adult admission than for kids (I was $7, Allison was $4) but I was desperate. It was a small building - it looked like an old elematary school. It had a half dozen rooms for kids to play in.

-room with golf balls that ran on tracks
-water room
-baby room
-farm room
-lego room
-hospital room
-art room

 It was the perfect size for Allison, and it wasn't too busy so she was able to get her hands on everything. She loved the water room and I saved that room to the end because I knew she'd soak herself (she did, and went home in a winter coat with no shirt on underneath).







We arrived just as it opened at 10, had lunch in picnic area, and then left at 1pm because Allison needed a nap.

It was too expensive to do every week, but it would be worth it to go every once in awhile, especially since Allison had a great time and filled up an otherwise very long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment