Allison's attachment to me is getting out of control. I've written before how I can't even go to the bathroom without her (even if Nathan is holding her when I leave). But I'm no someone who believes in the "cry it out method." I don't think she's being whiny - she's scared and insecure and I know that she'll grow out of it.
Nathan had to work a 15 hour day today so he had to miss church. I managed to get us out the door on time but when I left Allison in the nursery, then slipped away, she stayed calm for 15 seconds. Then she realized I wasn't there. She wailed for 5 minutes and then I went in to get her. She was hyper-ventilating and I knew the next stage was vomiting. It took her 10 minutes for her breathing to slow.
When we got home, I grabbed a second cup of coffee and brought her in the backyard. It was another gorgeous day and we didn't even need our coats!
Allison loves to open and shut doors (over and over again) so I always make sure I have my house keys in my pocket since she can now reach the door handle.
No comments:
Post a Comment