Nathan's aunt and uncle, Kathy and Bronn, were in town and were able to make time to visit with us. Kathy is an amazing singer (she sang at our wedding) and Bronn is a harpist. They are on tour and were able to make some time for a Kansas City stop!
We haven't seen them since they came to visit Allison in the NICU. Bronn and Kathy live in Seattle so it's rare to get to spend time together.
We met at church this morning and then met up again in the afternoon. Bronn and Kathy treated us to takeout from BB's BBQ. It was very generous! Allison is tough to take to a restaurant so we were thankful our guests were so accommodating.
We were able to catch-up on all the fun and exciting things they've been up to - like partnering in a seafood restaurant. They told us about the layout, the staff, the menu, and the location. Nathan and I think it sounds amazing! We're excited to see it someday - and try the fish and chips (my favorite).
I wondered how Allison would do with new people in the house- especially since Bronn is VERY tall! But Allison didn't even play shy. She loved the extra attention and even sat on Bronn's lap!I was thankful to see her so relaxed since it's been so exhausting dealing with separation issues lately.
For dessert I made a chocolate cake but we only ate 1/4 of it. I'll send it to work with Nathan tomorrow because I know we won't eat it at home and those poor residents will appreciate a sugar boost over lunch.
We also made some time to snap a few (extended) family photos to document a wonderful visit. Nathan and I both commented that the visit was easy. It was fun and carefree and we loved having them at our home.


No comments:
Post a Comment