Arwen and her family used to attend Wornall but now they attend a church closer to home. The family lives about 50 minutes from us and we were a little nervous about driving today because it rained all day yesterday and we woke up to snow this morning but our test drive to church proved that it was safe.
The party was held in Strasburg, which actually beat Boxall (my hometown, population 162) for population. But compared to Boxall there was so much! There was even a school!
There were tons of kids so Allison quickly forgot that she only had a 40 minute nap (during the drive) and spent most of her time wandering around, watching the older girls.
Elsa came halfway through the party to sing (Let it Go), play a game (pin the nose on Olaf), and take pictures. I offered to take pictures since everyone only had their cell phones. Elsa was a fantastic singer and she did a really good job. The kids loved it. "Where is Anna?" "Who's watching Sven?"
Allison loved Elsa. I thought she would freak out like she did when JM dressed up as Santa but she loved her and kept reaching out her arms for Elsa...I think it was the glitter.
Our lead pastor Adam, his wife April, and their 3 girls also came to the party. Baby Lydia is only a few weeks old and I hadn't met her before today. The party was the perfect time for introductions and to catch up.
No comments:
Post a Comment