We used to play in the gully all the time as kids- there would always be huge mud/clay pits and a small waterfall and tons of plants and animals to be discovered. It's overgrown now, and the bridges my Dad built for easy access are rotting away but I still managed to get down to the water.
While I was down there I found several full animal skeletons. There were also large piles of feathers. I felt like I was being watched and I saw some kind of animal in the rocks and since I'd seen horror movies start this way I decided to hike back to the top.
Over the years, people who have lived in our house (before us) through old glass and odds and ends into the gully and if you hunt around a little bit you can always find little treasures and antiques. I loved the old apple peeler and bottle from an old Woodstock, Ontario brewing company. The company operated from 1940-1962 so it's been in the gully for quite awhile! I found a similar bottle that sold for $10 on ebay.
I found this small jar that read 5 day Deoderant Pads. It's a product that still sold today (at Walgreens) but this jar is from the 1950's.
Here are is a picture of the lid (I found it online) along with an advertisment for the product.

No comments:
Post a Comment