Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Library




Shelley goes to library group at the Port Stanley Library every Tuesday morning, and while I've been home, I've been bringing Allison. I meet Shelley at her place and then we walk down to the library (only a few minutes). Allison has no interest in the books, the songs, or the crafts. She loves the parachute, the scarves (for the color dance) and the bean bag chairs.

She also loves that the doors have have special needs access and she knows that if she presses the button, the doors will open. I was picking up a stack of books that Allison had ripped off a shelf and when I looked up - she was gone. The library is very small but I still panicked. I found her on the sidewalk outside the front doors.

I managed to get a few pictures of her in the vicinity of the rest of the kids because Lorelei (the librarian) was reading Goodnight Moon and Allison recognized the story.
After library group, we walked to Mackies restaurant- a Port Stanley beach institution. Mackies has the best "secret" sauce for their fries and Allison loves it. After we shared a cheeseburger and fries, Allison got to pick one ride. She picked the little ferris wheel and loved riding up high.


No comments:

Post a Comment