My parents arrived at 8pm last night. They made the long drive (14 hours) in one day! I think they were just really excited to see Allison.
Nathan had to go to a meeting at the church so he wasn't able to be here when they arrived. When Allison saw my Dad she ran away and got really scared until I told her that it was OK and that these were the people I've been talking about for the last week!
She quickly warmed up to my parents and within a half an hour she was pulling my Dad by the hand to go play with her.
When she woke up this morning, she was happy to see that her visitors were still here. We had a relaxing morning and then headed to Costco to pick up groceries for the week at 10am. I couldn't believe how relaxed I was- having someone to entertain Allison while I do my hair or pick out food was amazing. I enjoyed being around Allison because her full focus wasn't on me (to entertain her).
The weather was amazing today (29 degrees) so we spent nearly the entire day outside.
My parents brought Allison a swing and this afternoon he hung it on a tree in our front yard.
Allison spent the majority of her afternoon in the swing (with Grandpa pushing her) while my Mom and I sat on the porch and chatted.
After Nathan got home, we had a big meal together. Nathan cleaned up while my parents and I took ALlison in the backyard. I gave her some water to mix in with her dirt pile because she was due for a bath anyway. She threw the dirt, shovelled it, packed in, and rubbed it in her hair, and she wasn't happy when I told her it was time to go inside.
Bath time USED to be her favorite thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment