Monday, January 4, 2016

Around Home



Every time I come home I post a blog about the walk I take around my parents’ house. I feel like I can’t be really settled at home until I take it. The pictures are always the same but I feel compelled to take them so that I can look back at them when I’m far away and miss home.
The wind has relented today, and while Allison napped I went out for a 45 minute walk. It was a clear day but still cold. 

This is a picture of my favorite tree. I have a fondness for single trees standing in farm fields. I always look for them. I could see this tree from my (former) bedroom window and I always take a few pictures of it when I come home.




 


 While walking through the wooded area there’s always animals around. Sometimes I hear or see them, but most of the time, I’m really aware that I’m not alone. 

Today I was walking back the way I came (out of the wooded area) when I noticed that I narrowly missed stepping on a dead raccoon covered in a snow blanket. 

1 comment: