Sunday, April 24, 2016

First Pool Day

I've been in a bit of a project slump lately. I've been working hard on finishing the 30 crochet hats that I sell each year at Great Lakes Farm. I need to finish them by the summer so that I can take them back to Boxall with me when I visit my parents this summer (so I don't have to pay for shipping). It takes a lot of time and I've been working on them since the end of January.

I recently got a break when my friend Melinda asked if I could make a fabric doll for her. I love making dolls and this one came with three accessories that I've never made before. I copied the design from a designer on etsy that Melinda found. It sold on the site for $80! I understand how it sells for that much by the time you factor in fabric, pattern making, and time, but that seemed crazy to me! I was happy to make it for my friend for cost of materials.

Today the temperature made it up to 29 degrees! After Allison woke up from her nap she was ready to play and we decided to fill up her pool. We used the hose to fill it up half way, then used hot water for the rest. (It's warm but definitely not summer). Allison loved it and stayed in until she was a prune.

No comments:

Post a Comment