Thursday, April 7, 2016

Outdoor Adventures

The first Thursday of each month brings a meeting of the Outdoor Adventure Club at Allison's preschool. I've never been but since we had our Mom Group activity yesterday, we had today open.

We met the Outdoor Classroom teacher of Allison's school at 10:30am. I had such an odd moment today. The teacher came in the play area and Allison said, "Hi Miss Elizabeth" and they started chatting. I had never met this person, but she knew Allison. It was so strange.

The Outdoor Classroom is a big part of Rainbow school. Besides play equipment like slides and sand, there is a garden and each classroom has a section of plants, there is a water table, stage area, butterfly garden, and mini labyrinth for the kids to walk. Elizabeth said that Allison loves being outside and is one of the most active and interested kids for outside activities in her class.

Elizabeth read us a story about dandelions, then we went into the grass area to pick white dandelions and then used there seeds in a colorful craft.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment