Friday, April 29, 2016

Pin Wheel

Allison had school today and it was another rough drop-off. Yesterday at the zoo, we were riding the tram away from Africa and the woman in front of us was there with her teenage daughter. Allison was being wild and I was getting frustrated and she turned to me and said, "Don't listen to anyone when they say you're going to miss this." I wanted to hug her, high five, and and adopt this saint into my family. She totally got me.

After 20 minutes of crying, I finally got out of the Rainbow School and headed off to do my errands. I've started doing all my errands when Allison is in school and while shopping is easier, I don't get any downtime. I had 35 minutes at home today and I ate lunch, did two loads of laundry, and swept and mopped the floors before it was time to pick Allison up. Allison will go to school two days a week in the fall and I think that will be work better. One day will be for home chores, and another for outside the home chores.

Allison's teacher says that within five minutes she relaxes and always has a great day. The school focuses on outdoor activities and learning (which is perfect for Allison).

I saw this picture on the school website today. I forgot that she insisted on wearing my sunglasses today.

No comments:

Post a Comment