Allison loves to interact with the elements when she's outside. She loves rain (and puddles) and wind. I bought her a kite at the Dollar Store so that we could play in the wind and she loves to pretend that she's going to blow away. We stand in the backyard and wait for the big gushes of wind. If it's taking to long she'll start to complain, "Mummy, make the wind come!" as though I'm in control.
Today was a windy and warm day so we were able to spend the whole afternoon outdoors. She's also started to collect rocks. Rather than fighting over rocks in the house, I ask her to group them by color or size and she does really well the tasks. I'm especially impressed that she can line them up largest to smallest. After I looked at these photos I attempted to trim her bangs but she cannot keep still so she ended up with a lopsided haircut (but at least her hair will be out of her eyes for the next few weeks).
At her school, her class in working on getting ready to go outside by themselves. Even though it takes five times as long, I encourage her to try on her own to put her shoes and jacket on.












No comments:
Post a Comment