Saturday, March 11, 2017

Arts and Culture Night

 For the second year, our church has held an Arts and Culture Night to benefit a school in Syria that is a special mission project for a few members in our church. The event is held in the Fellowship Hall in our church basement and this year we had nearly 20 tables that showcased the skills and history of members of our church. I did a Canada table last year and wanted to do something new so I decided to showcase my love of sewing/costumes and photography. I made a display board of all the costumes I've made for Allison and I, including all the family costumes and photos from Allison's first year. People had a good laugh.

 There was also a raffle table where people and business made donations. I've been working on a stuffed horse pattern (to post on the blog) so I made two horses, one in a Royals theme, the other a pink unicorn. April's daughter won the unicorn and it made me so happy!


 There were also performances by members of our church. Some read poems that they had written, others gave dramatic readings. Some same originals songs, others played an instrument. Nathan read haiku poems.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment