I know that I'm the kind of person who often takes the long way around projects. I enjoy making rather than buying, waiting for a price to drop (or couponing) instead of buying full price, and I do it because I get something out of it, whether it's a new skill or just enjoying a hobby.
When Allison mentioned that we didn't have a pumpkin yet, I realized I had no interest in carving a pumpkin this year. Maybe it was because last year it was so hot that our pumpkins rotted a week before Halloween, but more likely it was Allison standing over me urging me to hurry, then being bored by the end result.
Since I don't get much out of carving a pumpkin, I decided to take the easy way out this year. I found some pumpkin stickers at the Dollar Store and let Allison decorate the pumpkin however she wanted. She had a good time and I was able to just sit and watch (and peel the stickers off and hand them to her).
**We went to McDonald's today and her toy was Twilight Sparkle glasses**






No comments:
Post a Comment