Saturday, October 21, 2017

Halloween Part I

This morning Allison and I met up with our friend Katie, and her three kids at the KC Zoo. It took me 40 minutes to make the (usually) 15 minute drive because the KC Marathon closed down two major streets between my house and the zoo.
 
 
 
 
Every October, the KC Zoo hosts Hoots and Howls. Each weekend features a different theme/characters along with extras like hayrides, face painting, dance parties, animal pumpkin smashes, etc. This year it was Puppet Theatre, then minions, and this weekend was Star Wars. Allison has never seen Star Wars but she knows what they are from our time in Disneyworld so she wanted to go.

We spent 3 hours at the zoo and had a really great time. Allison always makes me laugh how brave she is with strangers in costumes!

Allison was still high energy after the zoo, so I asked her if she wanted to go to a Halloween Party. I saw a poster for it last weekend when we were visiting the Merriam community center. She was eager to wear a costume in public so we got changed and headed to Merriam. It was a small event with games and treats perfect for small kids. Allison loved the caution tape maze, temporary tattoos, and mini golf.

Since I already made her a Cinderella dress, for this event, I made her a "before" Cinderella dress, similar to last year when I made a Snow White before and after dress for her and I to wear. I wondered if people would know what she was, but everyone did! It was a successful (and busy) day.

 
 
 


 
 
 
 

 I love this photo because right when I was taking it, a big gust of wind came and Allison threw open her arms like the queen she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment