Sunday, October 29, 2017

6th Annual Bluegrass Festival

Last night was the 6th annual Bluegrass Festival held at Wornall Road Baptist Church. The opening acts were the Chambers family and Greg Blake. The headliners were Kenny and Amanda Smith.

Nathan stayed home with Allison so that I could enjoy the music. I arrived an hour before the main concert started to catch up with some old friends. Emily, a former member of Wornall was there with her husband who is now a pastor of his own church. Emily was one of my first friends when I moved to Kansas City and she's so easy to talk to. Even though we haven't seen each other in years, we quickly slipped into a comfortable conversation about the big events in our lives. I'm so glad I was able to reconnect with her and see that she's doing well.

The concert was great and I know that I'm lucky that Mark Clifton brings these talented musicians to our neighborhood. I'm not a huge bluegrass fan, but I can appreciate the music skill that it takes to play bluegrass.

This year the concert supported Restoration House Kansas City, a home for female victims of sex trafficking. Restoration House is also looking to build a home for minor victims as well. Over $5000 was raised tonight which is a huge help to the House. All the artists volunteered their time to support this great cause.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment