The KC Zoo has two big events each year. The first, held in the summer, is Jazzoo. A black tie optional, $175 a ticket event. I hear it's amazing. The second event, held each fall, is Brew at the Zoo, for $35 a ticket.
Nathan and I decided to try the Brew at the Zoo. It was a wine, beer, bourbon, and vodka sampling fest. There were also food trucks and a lot of tipsy people on the carousel. It was also pouring rain, windy, lightning, and under threat of tornado. Nathan and I felt a little old for the event, but it was a fun date night to be at the zoo after hours, sharing an umbrella, and catching up after a few busy weeks.
I was checking the zoo's facebook page all day because the storm was heading our way and I wondered if they would cancel the event. If the event wasn't cancelled, I told Nathan there was no way we weren't going. We had a babysitter lined up, and after our last disastrous attempt at a date-night ended in the emergency room, we were GOING! People were going crazy with the "rain or shine policy" especially when the tornado possibility came into play. I saved this post because it's one of the funnier things I've seen on facebook (and I saw this guy outside the penguin house tonight).







No comments:
Post a Comment