This morning, despite the rain/slow/ice, our furniture was delivered and set up. I’m so puzzled by the weather here. Yesterday it was 15 degrees and today it’s -3! How is that even possible? We were lucky that even with the bad weather our furniture was able to be delivered. The 2 men who set it up were very nice and joked if we had any Mexicans in Canada. They gave us a few tips about what were safe/unsafe areas to travel to in the city. I’m concerned about driving here because the roads are so windy, the intersections are so big and confusing, most of the time there are no lines on the roads, and no one signals lane changes! Nathan had been the primary driver and I’m nervous! But I know that if I want to get around and not be cooped up, I need to be more independent, so I’m going to work on that. Besides, I’m probably just really overwhelmed because we’ve only been here 2 days, it’s a really big city, and this is another big change to add to the pile we’ve been building over the last week.
DININGROOM/ LIVING ROOM/ OFFICE
BEDROOM
AHH, I'm so excited for you guys! Don't forget the power of craigslist.org. It's the US version of kijiji. Craigslist is awesome in KC - we furnished our entire house (washer and dryer included) for under $1000 when we first moved there! I'm living vicariously through you (in case you couldn't tell :-D)! Have fun!!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! Cute Cute place!! Love it! :) Glad everything went smoothly and I will be praying for you as you get used to such a large city!!
ReplyDelete