Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Camera Update

I took my camera to a local camera repair shop here in Kansas City and was told that it would cost 1/2 the price of the camera to fix it. I've been struggling what to do because although I love my camera, I was thinking that in the next few years I would love an upgrade. However, after careful thought I realized that this is not the time for big purchases and I'd rather wait until I can get what I really want instead of settling for the next model up.

I currently have a X series camera. The next step up is a T series camera (for double the cost of a X). Although there were a few things I liked about a T series camera, it is almost exactly the same as mine except it has video. I do not want video on my camera. I don't want the quality of a camera split between two mediums. Moving to a T series is a lateral move and not worth the money.

After weighing all of the pros and cons, fixing my camera is the best thing for me right now. But now I have to wait for it to be fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment