I'm not a big fan if the TLC show, Four Weddings because I think it trains people to be critical of something that is supposed to be someone's perfect day. If you haven't seen the show- four brides attend each others wedding, rip it to shreds, give it a mark out of 10 and then whoever has the highest score wins a secret honeymoon.
Well.. Last week the dream honeymoon was to Saba! If was hilarious when the woman won and she tried to pronounce it and clearly had no idea what or where it was. I know most of the students have a negative view of the island (not the school) and I especially did (I hope I never have to step back onto the most frightening place I've ever been) but I can't imagine a couple going to Saba on their honeymoon.
Even if they avoided the drunk drivers, the death threats, and the corruption, I can just see them getting to St. Maarten and then paying a "tax" for their WinAir flight to Saba- if they even manage to make that flight. And since they can only take limited baggage on WinAir, they don't get their luggage for several days. Or even better- they have to take the ferry ( the Vomit Comet) across.
But as we learned- if you can survive Saba your marriage can get through anything!


Now that's a funny post. If the two of you hadn't been there would have seen enough by the end of the second day. :-)
ReplyDelete