This is Chris and I'm Amanda's mom.
I thought it would be fun to be a guest blogger and write about my day with Nathan.
Today Nathan needed to escape to the outside world, so he accompanied me on a shopping trip to find some cupboards for the laundry room. You may have read that we just renovated our upstairs bathroom and in the middle of that undertaking ... our washing machine broke. Now, we're changing up the laundry room and if anyone knows me, they know I'm in a constant state of renovating.
Anyway, our first stop was to pick up decorations for my best friend Debbie's sisters' birthday party. Darlene's party for her 50th is next weekend at the Legion in Port Stanley. When you have a winter party in a sleepy village you can be sure everyone will be there.
Then we went to a shoe store called the Factory Shoe Store. I've seen their ads on TV and thought they were a low end shoe store. We were both amazed at the brand names available and I found a pair of shoes that were 1/3 the cost that I usually pay. Nathan saw a pair of Crocs that he wants to buy for the summer, but he's too sensible to buy them in the winter.
Next we drove to the Home Depot for the cupboards. A few weeks ago, I saw a 'display model' of a shelving/cupboard that I really liked and I had the brain wave to get it for my laundry room. Nathan went exploring around the store and I found an employee named Doug who helped me bring all the pieces together. I had a pamphlet and he guided me along and even brought me to the cutting area to make the bench topper. I was really happy to get good customer service and when I thanked him for helping me he said "No, thank you." I love good customer service!
Forgot to mention that one of cupboards we needed was out of stock, but available at another Home Depot so we headed across the city to pick it up. Nathan is so good-natured and just goes with the flow. He is very good company and we have good conversations and always share a laugh.
Next up ... Starbucks for two lattes for the road.
Before heading home, we stopped off at Costco to round out our errands. I think this is one of Nathan's favourite stores because of the "unit price comparison." It was like a zoo and I quickly picked up stuff from my list and we headed out.
Home by 4pm. Amanda asks, "what took you so long?"

No comments:
Post a Comment