It's been a big week for graduations.
Today we traveled to Brampton to attend the graduation of Nathan's friend Brian. Brian went from police academy recruit to Constable.
Brian has wanted to be a police officer for as long as I've known him and I felt so proud to watch him graduate. We were able to meet Brian's family, girlfriend, and her family, and it was an honor to be included in such a special day.
The ceremony was very official, the recruits were sworn in by a Supreme Court Justice and then individually received their badges - after they were thoroughly scrutinized (for their uniforms) by the police chief of Peel.
If a graduate had a family member who was also in the police force, that family member could be the one to hand out the badge. It was amazing to see fathers give their son a badge, or a brother give a badge to his sister, or the Mountie who came to give a badge to his godson.
It was a really big deal and it's something that I don't know if I'll ever get to see again but it reminded me of the efforts and commitment of law enforcement and how lucky we are to live in a country that values legal rights and protection.
No comments:
Post a Comment