Monday, February 3, 2014

Doctor

I took Allison to see her doctor for her 9 month check up today and he had no concerns. She got her second round of the Hepatitis B vaccine (she SCREAMED) and then we headed home.

I really like Allison's pediatrician but I get so frustrated when he asks me questions based on her actual age, not her adjusted age. He reads from a check list, things like, "is she saying mama and dada yet?", "is she pulling herself up on things?", "is she crawling?"

I just told you she can't sit up on her own, no she cannot crawl!

I told Nathan about my frustrations and he just said how he'd never want to be a pediatrician because you have to treat the parents as much as the kids - which is totally true.
The doctor's office is moving towards and electronic system so you can access your child's medical records online, manage appointments, medications, etc. I thought it was a cool idea and signed up (mainly so I'd get email notifications of upcoming appointments).

No comments:

Post a Comment