Well, here we go again- family portrait time! I chose an old fashioned photo shoot because I thought the clothes would be simple and I could try out some fun photoshop techniques.
I made my overcoat from a velvet jumper I found at Goodwill for $1.50, and my skirt was from a bag of fabric that sold at the same thrift store for .99 cents. I made Nathan's collar, vest, pocket square, and bow tie out of scrap fabrics and bought his suit jacket for $1.99. I made Allison's entire outfit out of a twin bedsheet for .50 cents.
I had the hardest time with my jacket. I meant to make it very tight but it was too tight! I could hardly breathe! I feel like my hairstyle and crazy big eyebrows are lost in the grainy-ness of this picture but trust me, it was quite comical. Nathan's slicked down 'do was perfect for this picture- and I managed to catch him before he slipped out for a haircut.
I cut and sewed Allison's gown and bonnet in an hour and a half- so it's nothing fancy. I let her play in her bonnet in the hour leading up to the picture so it didn't bother her by the time we were dressed and ready for her.
This picture isn't as funny as the first portrait but it was still fun to do and I learned a lot about sleeve making and sewing bow ties!
Behind the scenes:



No comments:
Post a Comment