Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Slow Week

I don't have any plans this week.

Besides 'Mom Group' this week and a few errands, I don't have much to do. The weather has turned really cold so Allison and I will probably spend most days cuddling.
I snuck into Allison's room this morning to take this picture of her. Most mornings, it's her babbling that wakes me up. Usually between 6-7am but today I woke up before her and was able to sit and have a hot cup of coffee before she started to stir. It was amazing! I'm someone who NEEDS my coffee in the morning and usually I don't get it until 30 minutes after Allison wakes up.

While Allison was sleeping, I made some muffins to bring for our group meeting today. I had prepared all the dry ingredients the night before so it was really quick to whip up the blueberry and cream cheese muffins. I think the delicious aroma woke her up because about 5 minutes into baking she was calling for me.

I think Allison is going through a growth spurt because she's been waking up in the night hungry. Last night (after feeding her at 6pm) she woke up at 12am and 4am to take a 9oz. bottle each time. I joked at the mom group that now I understood why Mom's talk about being tired! I haven't had to get up in the night with Allison since September!

We met at the church today and although there were only 3 of us (April, Eleanor and me) we had a really good time chatting and sharing a breakfast.

After the group I met up with John Mark because he wanted to get some head-shots taken since he's always being asked for a picture of himself to promote his speaking engagements. April volunteered to watch Allison for a few minutes while JM and I went to the front of the church to take a few pictures.
I've really missed spending time with JM and Jill. Before Allison came along we did so much together. Now, with a baby, Nathan's insane schedule, Jill's taking college courses, and JM is always travelling, it seems like we're drifting apart! Hopefully in the upcoming weeks we can carve out some time to reconnect!

No comments:

Post a Comment