Well today was the women's lunch at the church, and I have to say it - it was awesome! I was really looking forward to it and I had a great time. April Mitchell did a great job at putting it together. It's so difficult to organize these types of events but it ran smoothly. I was stressed on Sunday morning because besides lugging Allison, her bag, my crock pot, and the biscuits I made, I also had to get us both ready and out the door. Nathan had to work, but to my surprise, he showed up at 9:30am to help me get out the door. He rounded on all his patients and then came home to get me to church, carry everything in, and then go back to work! He's such a romantic guy!
Even though the theme was 'soup' only 4 women brought soup, the rest brought desserts and salads. It was perfect because I wondered how we would eat 20 crock pots full of soup!
After the lunch we played a great-to-know-game. We each reached into a jar and pulled out some M&M's. Based on the color you pulled, you had to answer a question. For example, red was a question about your future goals, blue was about family, etc. After a few rounds we switched tables and sat with a new group of women. It was a great way to have some face to face time with women that I've seen in the church but don't know very well.
I sat with a friend named Megan, and we were laughing about taking pictures but never being in them. She graciously offered to take a few pictures so it would look like I attended this event. I'm so thankful to have another picture of Allison and I!
After the lunch, Allison and I came home and I put her straight to bed. I didn't get home until 3pm so the nap was a little late for her but since we were heading out for a bit, I decided it wouldn't hurt for her to get some extra sleep.
We went over to a 3rd year resident's home (that Nathan works with). He lives with his wife and son (who was also a preemie) just a few blocks away from our place. They invited us over for a first-half superbowl party because we all understood our babies wouldn't last into the second half. They ordered pizza and I brought a nacho dip and it felt like a play date for us as much as the kids. Allison and Max are about the same age, but he was only 5 weeks early and I couldn't believe how much more he can do than Allison! I know she'll catch up but it's so hard not to compare babies.
As we were leaving they asked if we wanted a toy for Allison. They had been given two and weren't able to return them so we got a parting gift! I remember Scarlett and Tanner having one of these things at my parents house. They loved it but when I came home and put it together I quickly remembered how annoying the music and the popping balls are. Oh well...we'll just have to put that away for a little while...

No comments:
Post a Comment