Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Baby Boy

Today I invited myself over to the home of our small group leaders so that I could meet their son, Josiah. Josiah was born last week and looks just like his big brother. I got to hold him and it was wonderful.

Our friend Lisa joined us and brought Lamar's donuts. Lamar's is a staple in KC and while I don't know if they are all that different from Dunkin' Donuts - they are bigger so I guess I'd say that makes them better. They were delicious and I could barely stop myself from having just one.

I managed to get a few snaps of Josiah and Katie had the perfect backdrop for the photos. Katie's style is eclectic and she has so many cool pieces of furniture in her house. I never noticed this piece even though it's in a main room. I pulled all the coats off and set up a little spot for the baby boy.
Allison enjoyed snooping through Katie's house. Allison has learned how to unlock and open doors so while we were sitting in the living room I suddenly looked up and saw her in Katie's (fenced) backyard.

This new skill has also made the time we spend playing in the car more interesting. She nearly fell out the passenger side door (I was sitting on the driver's side) this afternoon. She caught herself, slid onto the floor but split her lip on the open glove compartment box.

It was another successful day of parenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment