Easter is quickly approaching and, like last year, I wanted to make Allison's Easter dress. At first I was going to buy one- I saw this gorgeous dress at babyGap. It was $50! I couldn't believe it! It was so simple.
I was drawn to it because I love eyelet and lace. I found a few pictures of the dress and decided I could make something similar. I looked up eyelet material at Joann fabric and saw that it started at $15/yard- and that was for fabric that didn't look very good.
While I was looking through the thrift store (to find my frame last week) I passed by the Women's section and saw this short sleeved blouse. It was $2 and while it was a little short on fabric, I thought I could make it work.
I lined the dress with some pink fabric left over from another project and I easily had enough eyelet fabric (with some creative cutting). I even had enough for a small headband. I used the buttons (and holes) from the front of the blouse for the back of the dress so I didn't need to add closures.
I wanted to add some detail to the belt so I made this little fabric flower. The belt has a velcro connector and I put in some belt loops on the sides to hold it up.
The dress was inexpensive to make and it looks similar to the first dress I wanted. I'm excited to get some Easter photos of Allison, hopefully the weather will warm up before then or I'll have to make a sweater to go with the dress!






No comments:
Post a Comment