Saturday, March 14, 2015

Early St. Patrick's Day

Nathan didn't get home until 3am but he wanted to keep a regular sleep schedule. He slept until 9:30am this morning, then the three of us headed outside to do some light yard work.
 Allison was exhausted by lunch and went to sleep without even a whimper. Nathan wanted to get some more sleep and I took advantage of Nathan being home and I headed over to the church to watch the St. Patrick's Day parade. St. Patrick's Day is a really big deal in KC. The main parade is on Tuesday and it is wild (I went once and that was enough). The kid-friendly version is held the Saturday before and it passes by Wornall Road Baptist Church. I arrived at 1:30pm and managed to score a parking spot in the church lot! I was grateful because it was packed.

Here are some photos I took at the parade.


 
 


 
 
 I loved my time at the parade. I wandered around by myself, taking pictures, listening to conversations, just watching people. It was relaxing and I was thankful to be out on my own.

When I got home from the parade both Allison and Nathan were still in bed! Allison slept for 3 1/2 hours! That fresh air must have really done her in! At 5pm we got ready to head to JM and Jill's for dinner. Nathan came upstairs just as I was coming out of our room and I noticed that we were both wearing pink - and so was Allison.
 Neither of us would compromise and we decided that JM and Jill would think it was funny. We took a few snapshots of our pink family.

We had a wonderful (and long overdue) visit with our friends and enjoyed Chinese takeout from a great place by their house. JM and Jill have two grandson's and Allison loves playing with all their toys.



No comments:

Post a Comment