It was another gorgeous day and we all sat in the front yard watching the new neighbors move in across the street. I bought a bubble gun at the Dollar Store yesterday and it works amazingly well (I was prepared to be disappointed). It kept Allison entertained for a few minutes but it kept me entertained for nearly an hour.
Allison seemed to be tired all day and she took three very short naps instead of her one long nap- and she seemed to be hungry all day. She was acting so strange (but nothing was wrong) and it was exhausting for both Nathan and I. I never want Allison to be hard to handle but I'm thankful when Nathan is here to see it because then he understands when I'm at my wit's end by the time he gets home.
Here are a few moments when she wasn't crazy- well, except for her outfit.
Allison is starting to get the "cheese face" that all kids get at some point. It's when they scrunch up their faces, or pull the sides of their mouths tightly towards their ears- anything but a genuine smile. I remember doing family pictures for a family on Saba and their daughter would not give a natural smile. Every photo was marked by the cheese face. The parents were away and would say, "OK honey, show Amanda Mr. Smile." Mr. Smile was a natural smile. It was hilarious and now whenever I try to get Allison to look at me for a photo she gives me this face.
No comments:
Post a Comment