Shutterfly is an online printing service where you can print everything from prints to books, mouse pads to mugs.
I subscribe to the Joann Fabric newsletter and these past few months there have been tons of freebies for Shutterfly. I got our "Family Portrait" wall calendar for only $7 (shipping) last year so I know the quality is very good. The shipping is a little pricey but when you're not paying anything for the items it works out.
Here is what I ordered
Magnet- I made one of a recent family photo (Allison loves the magnets on our fridge)
Photo Book- I got a free 20 page book and while that's pretty small, I knew it would be perfect to put all our family portraits from the calendar together. I also added all the behind the scenes pictures and outtakes to fill up the empty pages.
Card- I didn't know what to do with one free card so I printed off Allison's first picture along with her birth statistics. I thought it would be a great decoration for her room.
Print- This is not your average print. It is a 16X20 (poster sized) print. It's huge and normally sells for $18. Nathan laughed when I told him I wanted to print a family picture that large. "Why do we need so many pictures of us in the house? We live here! Let's just look at each other!" I told him that it would be simple and focused on Allison (I'm slowly working on making Allison's room more personal. he finally caved and I took this simple picture (above).
All 4 items were free, but I had to pay $19 for shipping (which is less than one 16X20 print from Walmart). I'm already thinking of the frame possibilities!
No comments:
Post a Comment