Tuesday, February 2, 2016

February





 
 I think I forgot how hard it is to care for Allison without help! This week has already been a difficult transition for both Allison and me. Allison loved having multiple people to talk to and play with, and I loved having a few moments to myself (to make dinner or do the laundry).

We've had some fantastic weather here in KC lately so Nathan and I have each been taking Allison to the park. Today we went to Meadowlake Park, then the library, then we played in the backyard with chalk on the patio. I was exhausted by lunchtime but Allison was still running circles around me (literally). I know Allison thinks that I'm her "mean mom" but I'm just trying to keep her alive. Today she fell 4 times because she wasn't looking where she was going. She actually stepped on a metal rake and it shot up like it was a cartoon and smacked the side of her face/ear.

I came out of the bathroom this morning and she had taken her diaper off and was jumping on the arm of the couch, saying, "I'm a frog!

And don't get me started on the spinning. I try to show her the scar on my face that I got from spinning as a child but she doesn't care. She's just having too much fun.

 

  It was really windy today so while we were in the backyard we played a game where we pretended that Allison was going to get blown away. She loved it and thought it was so funny. She kept begging me to "Make the wind go!" as if I controlled the gusts.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment