Allison hasn't bathed in the sink in nearly a year but last week, out of the blue, she asked to go in the sink. She's had 3 sink baths since then. I think she likes being at my eye level while I'm bombing around the kitchen. This has been a hard time with Allison. Her attitude/temper tantrums/whining always comes in phases and we just went through a two month phase where things weren't too bad, but this new wave is more like a tsunami.
I've been working on clearing out the sticks/brush at the back of our landlord's property because I don't like how it looks, and because I noticed that all the neighbors (3 houses) that but up against our backyard have been using our backyard as their branch drop-off location. I decided that to stop it from happening, I needed to clean up the space so that they couldn't continue adding to the mess. I've been taking Allison outside with me (since she loves being outside) but she his a total nightmare. It's a lot of work to get us outside and ready to work but she fusses and whine,s and tries to sneak into the house not mater if I talk to her, bring toys for her, or even let her watch cartoons on my ipad while I work. It's never enough and most morning turn into one long time out - and with me barely getting anything done.
As a stay at home wife/mom, it's important to my self worth and sanity to feel like I'm contributing to the home, and being a good mom is not enough for me. So when these waves come, it's really hard on me to sit still and ride it out. At least I know that it will only last a few weeks/months because we've been through this a few times already.
I took this picture tonight after Nathan and Allison went to bed (they go to bed at the same time) of the Snow Moon. It was quite cloudy tonight but it was very bright and beautiful.





No comments:
Post a Comment