Thursday, February 18, 2016

Five Years in KC

 Our Thursday group was going to meet at Crown Center for their latest kid exhibit, but when I found out that today had a high of 22 degrees, I moved the party to Loose Park.

Allison has been begging to go to the park all winter and she could barely sit through breakfast she was so excited to go. My friends April, Eleanor, and Meridith came and all the kids are close in age so it was the perfect play date.

After letting the kids play on the playground equipment, we walked around the duck pond. Allison was very upset when it was time to leave and she wailed the whole way home. I can't remember the last time she was that exhausted, she could barely keep her eyes open when she screamed.

We had a picnic lunch at the park so when we got home I was able to put Allison straight to bed. After I put Allison down I had some time to reflect on the great city we've called home for the last few years. In fact, today marks 5 years since we first drove into Kansas City! It's been a fun 5 years and we've met (and said goodbye) to some amazing friends, and thoroughly enjoyed exploring this place. We're looking forward to what the next 3 years in KC brings!




No comments:

Post a Comment