Saturday, February 20, 2016

Small Loves Art

My friend, Eleanor, is a fantastic artist and tonight she had a piece displayed at a new art gallery in KC. The Small Loves Art Gallery is for local artists to display and sell their art while also networking in KC.

I went back and forth about going alone, but when my friend April said she was going, we decided to drive together. I was on my way to her house to pick her up, I was driving straight through a green light when an oncoming car turned left in front of me. I barely had time to slam on the brakes. I remember waiting for my car to hit their car, but somehow we didn't hit. By the time I came out of my mini freakout, I was stopped in the middle of a very busy intersection, at an angle, because I stopped so suddenly. I don't know how I didn't crash, and thankfully no one was behind me or there is no way they could have reacted quickly enough.

I've never been in a car crash before, but I have had 3 near misses with irresponsible drivers. I try not to get mad or upset (although my reaction would probably be different if I had Allison in the car) because I know that accidents happen and if I made a mistake, I'd want people to show me some grace. So while I nearly hyper-ventilated for the rest of my drive, and showed up shaking to April's house, I was just so grateful that the everything/everyone was okay.

April offered to drive since I was feeling a little shaky. It was fun to go to a hip party and while I felt a little out of place (I am not cool), it was fun and we were glad we could be there to support our friend.





It was 18 degrees out so we didn't wear coats and we stood on the balcony of the building while we chatted. It was so strange to be doing that in February!

After we left the event, we didn't want to go home to our families just yet so we went to a little restaurant nearby called Axios. It was a bistro style cafe and we had dessert and cocktails as a special treat. I was home by 10pm but felt like a new person after a little family break.

No comments:

Post a Comment