Today I met up with my friends, April and Eleanor, for coffee at Chick-fil-A (while the kids played in the playplace). We were waiting for the Ward Parkway bowling alley to open. It opened at 11am and we had the place to ourselves. The grownups decided not to bowl and kids are $4 per game so it was a great deal.
I don't know what was wrong with Allison but she was miserable. Usually seeing Griffin energizes her but today all she wanted to do was sulk. It took so much effort and coaxing to get her to pick up the ball that I felt the familiar feelings, "why did I even bother?"
After several mummy/Alli talks and timeouts, she still had a rotten attitude but managed to finish the game.
I love that Allison is starting to have a memory. When I told her we were going to the bowling alley she asked if it was Shelley's birthday. It was Shelley's birthday the last time we bowled, and now I know she's fibbing when she tells me she can't remember why she's in trouble while getting a punishment.







No comments:
Post a Comment