We didn't have a plan for Mom Group this week, when a friend a church (Katie) mentioned that she took her family to the Anita B. Gorman Nature Center and they really liked it. I'd never heard of it but it sounded perfect, so April let everyone know where we'd be meeting.
While I may not have known the name, I had been here before. Nathan and I came here a couple of years ago. It was busy today because there was a class trip (and it's a very small facility) but we were able to stagger our times so our kids could pet the animal pelts, explore the boat, watch birds with the binoculars, test their balance on the logs, look for fossils in the rocks, and pretend to be rowing a canoe.
It was a cooler day (only 11 degrees) but being outside was wonderful. The sun was shining and the kids could run and play and we had a lot of fun.












No comments:
Post a Comment