Nathan took Allison on a long walk this morning so that I could clean the house, do the laundry, and have so reset time by myself.
Even after 8 years of marriage, and nearly 12 years together, we still have moments where we have to sit down and very clearly say what we need from each other. This week, having Nathan off, was often more overwhelming than when he's busy with work. And when he wants to give me time with Allison, he often shoos me out of the house. I appreciate the offer, but as an introvert, I don't want to spend my time out in the world - reacting to terrible drivers, fending off chatty people at the store, and having to appear put together and normal for strangers. I need to be alone and silent. It took until today before I could verbalize that so that's why Nathan took Allison for a long walk this morning. Allison brought me a fistfull of flowers that fit perfectly in the glass Vaseline jar I found while clearing brush in the backyard this week.
After a couple of hours to recharge I was ready for some social time so we headed to John Mark and Jill's house for a treat and visit. Allison was really well behaved, even though she missed the Clifton's grandson, Jack, who is usually there to play with her.
JM snapped this pick of us as we were getting ready to leave. I take so many photos of Allison and I'm trying to get her out of the strained "cheeeeeeeeeeeese" face that kids make in photos so we've been working on posing. I get her to copy the silliest ones I can think of, and it usually makes me laugh and loosens her up so the situation is more comfortable for both of us.


No comments:
Post a Comment