Allison has become interested in collecting Shopkins. They are very small figurines of food and basic staples that have eyes painted on. Allison got a surprise egg for Easter that had a jar of honey and a plate of spaghetti and meat balls. I don't think she really gets it, but it has stuck with her since we were home at Christmas and she saw how interested Scarlett was in collecting them. It's $2.25 for 2 so it's not super expensive but I've only bought her 2 sets because I know she will eventually lose them.
She loves looking at the display of Shopkins whenever we got to Joann Fabrics. Today I noticed a big bin of fabric next to the setup.
I had looked into buying Allison some Shopkins leggings for Easter but I couldn't find any cheaper than $14 and they were sold out everywhere. I decided to grab some fabric and make her some since leggings are super easy to make. My only complaint was that the images were printed in the wrong direction for my need so I had to buy more than I needed for one pair because I didn't want the Shopkins to be facing the wrong way. I found this instruction sheet beside the fabric and thought it was very interesting that the yardage they recommend will not give you leggings that look like the photo.
I had a 50% off coupon for the $19/yard fabric, and I bought 3/4 yard. So for $7 I made 2 pair of leggings, plus a headband for Allison.
I think they look like pajamas but when a little girl at the park noticed her pants today, I knew she felt really cool to be wearing them.



No comments:
Post a Comment