Allison started in a new classroom at her preschool for the summer term. It's a great classroom but it's much bigger and has a total new dynamic. When I used to pick up Allison, I would get highlights from the day or we would discuss any concerns or missteps. I get that there is a big difference in communication between having 6 kids and having 14 (although there are two teachers), but each day I'm leaving with a list missteps (which seem confrontational written in CAPITAL LETTERS over spaces that used to cover "books read today" and "activities we enjoyed". Missteps include:
1. Don't arrive before school begins. I suggested just keeping the door closed if you they weren't ready to face the kids, but the teacher said that would take away from the open door policy of the school.
2. No tree nut products. I was originally told that it was peanut free, so I spent $10 on Almond butter so that Allison could still have her daily sandwich for lunch. I was told afterwards that it's actually tree nuts, peanuts, strawberries, and that when I'm on snack duty I need to bring a gluten free option for two of the kids.
3. Allison's drink must be labelled with "standard label." Allison has a habit of peeling stickers and peeled off her name sticker. I ordered special silicone labels the go around a cup from inchbug.com but while I was waiting on them, I put a piece of duct tape (so she couldn't rip it off) with her name in sharpie on her drink. This was also in CAPITAL LETTERS on my take home sheet.
Since school has made me feel like a bad room-mom, I took myself to Joann's to let myself wallow in fabric. It was great, I spent two hours wandering the aisles looking at every piece of fabric and picking out a few yards for a special upcoming project.
While I was in the notions aisle, I saw this snap fastener. I've used different cheap fasteners and grommet makers before but I've never been pleased with them. The Baby Boutique brand is extremely popular for PUL fabrics and I decided to give the brand a chance. I bought the fastener and snaps with the birthday money my parents gave me.
As soon as I got home I watched a few youtube instruction videos, then put snaps on this fleece sweater I made for Allison. It was so easy and worked like a dream. I'm hooked!
On the way home from Joann's I stopped at the Macy's near my house to order some makeup on a gift card that Martin and Marlene gave me for my birthday.
It was a treat day!
No comments:
Post a Comment