This morning Martin and I did a lot of yard work because our landlord is moving back in! Annie and her husband are moving back to Prairie Village. Martin cut the grass while I trimmed the trees and swept the driveway.
We got the house looking great and then had lunch together. Nathan had to work but I'm glad that we had one more day together, Allison really loves her grandparents.
Right before we had to leave for the airport, the ticket sale that I've been waiting months for happened. The Kingston Penitentiary, a closed maximum security Canadian prison is holding guided tours throughout the summer. There was a 20 minute delay in the sale and I was nervous that I wouldn't get tickets before we had to leave for the airport, but I managed to get some just under the wire for my Dad and I in mid-August.
The ride to the airport was uneventful, except for the man walking into traffic to retrieve a drawer that had fallen out of a dresser in the back of his pickup.
Allison cried when Oma and Opa got out of the car, but I came prepared with suckers for a special treat.
Within an hour of being home, I was missing the family that were an extra set of ears to listen to Allison. It seems like we hadn't talked in a week and she wanted to fill me in on everything she'd done in the last 7 days.











No comments:
Post a Comment