Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Birthday

I was prepared to have a quiet birthday at home, playing in the kiddie pool, and making cupcakes in the afternoon (more for Allison than me). But my friend April called me this morning and asked if I wanted to meet up at a local park to let the kids play and then head down the street for BBQ.

I had never been to McGonigle's Market, even though its only a few miles from our house. The Market is a grocery store that stocks high quality meat and outside there is a food truck that sells BBQ. I picked a smoked sausage and fries and it was delicious. Allison loved it too.
When we arrived back home, I noticed I had a package on the porch. It was Allison's annual photo book. I try to finish the book as close to her birthday as possible so I can watch for the sales that the site (blurb.com) offers. Right after her birthday, they had a 40% off sale and I was able to get the 300 page book for $70 (including shipping). I love blurb (and their book software Booksmart). I've used it since Saba and they have the best prices and software of any of the sites/places I've tried.

While Allison took her afternoon nap - without prompting or fussing (happy birthday to me!) I got a cup of tea and looked through all our memories from the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment