Sunday, December 3, 2017

Journey to Judea

I was in the toddler room at church today, which means that by lunch time I was ready for a nap. I really like the kids in my room but they are nutty and demanding and have sudden taken to yelling for their moms in my face. We do have fun and it's been one of the best kid experiences I've had (Allison excluded).

All I wanted to do was to stay in and nap because after a week of activities and obligations, then a late night double-date night last night, I was ready to curl into my introvert bubble and lay low.

Our friend Katie, had other plans. And those plans were to head out to Olathe, KS to the Countryside Baptist church to see their annual production of Journey to Judea. It was a 10 stop tour of the story of Christ. We deliberated and decided that since it was such a gorgeous day (22 degrees) we needed to spend as much time outside as possible.

The church was huge and the event was run seamlessly. I am usually uncomfortable with (any kind of) historical reenactment but this was great. It was like watching a play with talented actors. I spoke with one of the staff and she said they've been running the event for 7 years. It's free event and it's very popular because of it's high quality and message. It's a one hour walking tour, stopping at different locations to hear a 5 minute story.

The land that the church is on has brush all around it, and the trails through it served as the backdrop for the story and the scenes were set up in it. I can't say enough good things about the event, it was just so good.
 

 



 
 
 

Afterwards, we met up at a McDonald's down the street so that we could have dinner and let the kids climb off some energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment