Friday, December 1, 2017

Calendar and Clocks

Allison always wakes up before me. The rule is that she's not allowed to wake me up before 7am.  The problem is that I need to buy her a digital clock for her room because right now, she wakes up, she goes to the bathroom, shuffles into my room, stands right by my head (I can sense her watching me), looks at the clock and if it's earlier than 7, she huffs, then returns to bed. It it's past 7, she either shakes me awake saying, "Mum! Mum! It's after 7!" or, she runs back to her room (very excitedly) jumps into bed and yells across the hall to me, "MUM! CAN YOU COME WAKE ME UP?!?" and then I stumble into her room and wake her up the way she wakes me up (complete with her grumbling and mumbling, "It's too early! I need coffee!" while she stretches.

I think the reason I haven't bought her her own clock is because I think it's a cute ritual.

This morning, I heard her get out of bed, but instead of running to my room, I heard her run to the kitchen table. Before I went to bed I had put out an advent calendar and knew she would find it immediately. She was quiet for about 5 minutes so I knew I had to get up and go find her or all the windows would be open by the time I wanted to get out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment