Monday, December 11, 2017

Lessons and Carols


Last night was the Lessons and Carols service at Wornall Road Baptist Church. There are bible readings, performances by our choir, and a performance by the kids choir. Like her other performance this week, Allison wasn't too keen on being on stage. She kept telling me she didn't know the words and didn't want to sing. I told her the same things I said earlier in the week. But this time I told her to stand at the part so she could be out of spotlight. She listened and joined the lineup of kids at the end, which, when they were filing on stage, left her FRONT and CENTRE and she was not into it. You can see how lost she is, but to be fair, a few other kids weren't singing either. The kids were set to perform two songs. After the first, Allison lifted up her tulle (her version of a curtsy), and headed back to the audience. She was DONE. She sat with me while we watched the kids perform their next song.

My participation in the service was making 6 dozen cookies for the reception after the event. I've been watching a lot of the Great British Baking Show on Netflix, and since I love to sew while watching Project Runway, I decided to bake while watching Paul and Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment