Nathan had to work a half day shift today so he was home by 1pm. He has the rest of the weekend off and I was really looking forward to going on long walks and enjoying the amazing weather that these next two days hold. Unfortunately, I smashed my foot on Friday morning, it's fine - not an emergency, but I can only hobble around and I'm in constant pain. I'm going to call a podiatrist on Monday (hopefully their open on Easter Monday). My foot is swollen and red but I'm most upset about losing out on an opportunity for family time.
My day did start out on a high note - a fruit and chocolate basket was delivered (along with a card) from my parents. I've started to feed Allison solid food so we immediately dove into the basket. Well, she ate the fruit - I ate the chocolate.
Nathan was a big help today because he took Allison for a long walk so that I could have some down time. I was able to have a shower (at normal speed) and drink a cup of tea (it was hot the whole time) and put an ice pack on my foot (it melted before I had to stand up for something).
After Allison and Nathan took a short nap we spent some time in the front yard enjoying the sunshine and then it was into the bath and into bed for our baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment