Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

Today we celebrated our first Easter with Allison!

Nathan's grandmother sent Allison a gorgeous sweater and bonnet for her birthday and I was so happy when I discovered that the bonnet perfectly matched the Easter dress I had made for Allison!

We decided to get a few pictures before we headed off to church since she was in such a good mood. We headed to the backyard where there is a short line of daffodils and while our neighbor hid Easter eggs for his daughter to find (around the yard) I managed to get a few adorable picture of Allison is her Easter best!

 




Everyone at church loved Allison's bonnet and there were so many comments on the design, not just the cute-factor.

After church we were invited to the Intercontinental Hotel to have Easter lunch with a few friends from church including JM and Jill. The food was amazing- probably one of the best meals I've ever had- it's 8:39pm and I'm still not hungry! It was a very extravagant afternoon and we were beyond lucky to be invited to attend.


Allison did really well (despite a 10 minute nap during church) and enjoyed people watching while we ate.
 In between the service and the lunch reservation I snapped a few family pictures at church since everyone was in their finest! Everyone always looks good but today everyone went all out!

JM and Jill are always so generous to us, and even though I stress that they're our FRIENDS not our replacement PARENTS, they know how hard it is to be away from our parents on holidays and how much we miss our families. Today they sent us home with this Easter basket. Allison is in love with the stuffed lamb and literally shook with excitement when I pulled it out of the basket to hand it to her.

1 comment: