Well, the money ban has been officially lifted, so to celebrate I went to Joann's! I'm kidding, there was no money ban, I just like to tease Nathan....OK, so I want to make Allison a birthday dress so I went today to find the perfect fabric. I found a few that I liked but they didn't have a "birthday" theme so when I found a few with cupcakes on them, I knew I had found what I came for.
Whenever I go to Joann's I always look through the remnants rack. It has random ends and they're all 50% off. I've been seaching for knits lately because I wanted to make Allison some more leggings. I can never find leggings in the thrift store. I think it's because they're so thin and babies are crawling at this age so they probably wear out. I found a few rolls that had just enough so I have a few projects to add to the que.
When I went out with Allison yesterday it was still chilly in the morning but I didn't have a coat that fit her. When I found a 1/4 yard of grey fleece in the remnant bin I had an idea.
Before I started in with my new fabric I wanted to clear out some of my old projects. I still had the top half of this jean dress so I cut it up to make a little jean jacket for Allison. I didn't use a pattern (and in some places it shows!) but I lined it with the fleece for cool summer nights and I think it turned out really cute (except for the HUMONGOUS pockets!)
**Allison would only sit still if I let her try to eat my lens cap.


No comments:
Post a Comment