Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sew Much Better

I don't know if I'm losing my sewing mojo but everything I make lately turns out not-quite-right. Seams are off or the pattern I've made is too big/short. I keep making little mistakes that I don't see until the end and then have to rip the piece apart.

I decided to take a bit of a break (and focus on Allison's upcoming birthday party) and just to do little sewing jobs as they come along. Nathan has been asking me for a few weeks to add button down collars to a few of his dress shirts and make a new pocket for his work coat. Nathan gets 2 new coats each year and since the year is almost up, he requested that I cut one coat up for spare parts to spruce of the other.
Nathan's front pocket was covered in ink stains. He wanted a clean pocket, a second pen slot, a button hole at the base of the pocket to put his ID badge through, and a deeper pocket that reached the top of his phone.

It was a simple job but one that I could see the completion of quickly. The simple fix made the coat look so much better!



Entertainment Side-note: Miley Cyrus is currently at the hospital Nathan works at. My source is, of course, NOT Nathan. I heard about it on 'E' News this morning that Miley was staying at "Saint Luke's Hospital under the name Millie Bangor." I texted Nathan but it was the first he'd heard of it so I sent him this link:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/25256366/hospitalized-miley-cyrus-cancels-sprint-center-concert-tuesday-night

He was not as excited as I was.

1 comment:

  1. Lol!!! I would be excited too! Nice job on the pocket, looks great!!

    ReplyDelete