Our very dear friends, Kelly and Steve Dove came to town to visit and we were lucky enough to be included in their dinner plans. We headed out with two of our favorite couples to Stroud's. A pan-fried chicken eatery that's a well-known KC food joint but I'd never heard of it (even though I drive by it on my way to Joann's). It was delicious! The meals were huge and everything was tasty. It was Southern comfort food and one meal was enough for Nathan and I to split.Kelly and Steve had to drive back to Springfield, Missouri so they didn't want their leftovers so we got a portion of theirs as well! Tomorrow's dinner is going to be amazing (because there's no way we need to eat again for at least 12 hours).
Kelly and Steve are expecting their first baby and although April trumped my homemade gift with her typically thoughtful, stylish baby clothes (Allison has several favorite April outfits) it was fun to celebrate a new baby boy on his way!
We attended Kelly and Steve's wedding a couple of years ago and we're so thankful to be a continued part in their lives. They're a rockstar couple and we couldn't be more excited for this next chapter.
This was the Dove's baby annoucement that I just have to share!




No comments:
Post a Comment